brother takes a wife

Our family expanded this weekend...SAMUEL GOT MARRIED!  

The wedding was in Evansville - so south in Indiana it is almost Kentucky.  It was myself, Josiah, Zachary & Sara, and our cousin George driving my RAV full of all the groomsmen's tuxedos, dad's suit and a slew of dresses.  Jason even made a special bar to hang them all from the edge of my headliner.  It was pretty intense.

Also intense was our 5am [which turned into 6am] departure Friday morning.  If you looked on a weather radar map of Indiana that day it was rain and storms stretching across the entire state from our location miles south of the Michigan border to Evansville's location just miles north of the Kentucky state line.  Magically the car was quite quiet and our cramped back seat passengers found rest for much of the drive.  I drove to Indianapolis and George took over from there.

 We were buzzing through the hilly part of southern Indiana until we came upon a newly-completed stretch of I-69 which was a straight shot to our destination and void of traffic.  Mom and Dad's crew had experienced two hours worth of traffic delays the day before on the standard route.

 I was so very lucky to get to share a room with this lovely ladies.  I love my brothers but it was wonderful reprieve from their insane excitement to get to hang out with these calm cucumbers.  Their boyfriends were a little jealous.

We made it with just the right amount of time to get lunch and ready for the rehearsal.  After a few trips down the isle and working through the logistics the whole crew was deemed fit for Saturday's ceremony.

 Mom and Dad (and me) chose a Chinese restaurant for the dinner.  They were so nice and there was so much food - we still have some in our fridge.

 I got some weird chopsticks.

I think everyone had a good time but the highlight of the evening for me was the text I received telling me the dear Rachel and Josh's baby girl had safely arrived complete with a picture of mother and daughter.  My heart melted away into a mush...setting the stage for a fantastic weekend!

 Yep, that's the lucky groom the morning of his wedding day.  Adorable.

 I got gussied up in my blue dress and silver shoes.

All the bridesmaids met at Laura's house to eat lunch and get ready.  It is always such a privilege to get to spend time with the bride right before her walk down the isle.  Laura was very calm and ready to go.  


 She's so pretty.  [That's my sister-in-law!] It stopped raining for just long enough for her to get in the car and on her way to take photos.  

Initially it was planned that we would take photos on the waterfront but the rash of severe storms that came rolling in [we had a tornado watch from Friday evening until 4am that morning] demanded plan B.  We ended up shooting them all at the hotel where we were staying.

 I got to peek in on the guys taking their last few photos before they left for the the church.  We were close behind them.


 My momma looked so beautiful!  Seriously.

 Dad was a cute as can be [see where my dimples come from?] but super nervous.  Not a whole lot worries this guy but I guess his first child getting married was enough to give him nerves.

The ceremony went wonderfully.  There were only two flubs that I detected - we managed to get a little out of order in our walk down the isle.  We didn't realize this until sitting in the pew and it wasn't noticeable.  The second flub was a bit more noticeable and likely to be the inside joke for the rest of eternity in our family.  The priest accidentally pronounced them Mr. and Mrs. Samuel Tebow.  We all burst out laughing and the priest shrugged his shoulders and said - you're still just as married.  And they dashed back up the isle - my brother and his wife.

By the time the couple had dismissed the guests we were all waiting outside and it had started to spit a little. 

 Alex and Sara looked fabulous (of course) but it wasn't the rain they were giggling about.

 Mr and Mrs Telschow were cheered out of the church - nothing thrown their way.

 Jason and the girls prepared a special sign for the back of their car...it took me a while to notice what their embellishment was but Sam spotted it pretty well.

 We took a few more photos - including a new family shot for the wall!

 And we had to do a little Tebowing.

 That's one heck of an elevator ride.

The reception was held at a former church turned event hall called the Crescent Room and it was pretty nifty on the inside.  The DJ set up lots of colored lights around the room and a few under table clothes and that was pretty nifty too.

 Our seats were on the stage.

Jason, the brothers, and two cousins prepared a special wedding toast which included a rendition of "l'Chaim" from Fiddler on the Roof.  Sam and Laura were very surprised and enjoyed the performance.  I'll share that video when Jason gets it on-line.

 They chose some pretty cute cupcakes and Laura's sister Jenny made some Crazy Cupcakes that were vegan for me and cousin Nicole to eat.

 Cutting the cake.

 Only sweet here - no smashing...though there was a glimmer in Sam's eye for a second.

 The dance floor was rocked out on until everyone wanted to collapse.

 But Zac waited until everything was cleaned up to commence with the collapsing.

 Even after the party was cleaned up the love was still in the air and everyone had had a great evening.

We hugged Sam and Laura good-bye and smiled at the silver band around his finger...it looked good there.

Dad, Mom and I got to spend the next morning (a 5am departure) driving back home to get these two crazy kids to their Dollars for Scholars Banquet, which was at 2pm.  We made great time and everyone took a nap later that day.

One brother is married.  One brother is finished with high school and graduating this weekend...then, I think I'll retire.

Comments