Here I am.



Last month I stepped away from Instagram.

I really enjoy sharing photos and moments of life but have found it too overwhelming. A constant stream of so many people’s thoughts was too much for me. I was very good about keeping my follow list tight. But it was so easy to slip into mindless scroll and suddenly I’m carrying a stranger’s thoughts and feelings with me. This is after a day of processing the needs and expressions of the 150 children that come through my classroom. I had no room left. There was no space for my mind to rest. There was no space for me to be present with my mind constantly wandering.

So I have found my way back to this space.

I want to take time with my words.

I am working on less screentime.

I am trying to be more intentional and thoughtful about the photos I take using a camera.

I do miss seeing the work of artists and creatives.

I do miss cute kid photos.

I am working on making un-influenced creative choices.

I am deeply concerned about the impacts of social media use on the mental health of our children.

I want to be mentally present for my own child.

I don't want to contribute to anyone else's feeling of being overwhelmed.

So I might just be here for a while.







Comments

Post a Comment