fast foreward

It's almost two years later.

Life took a swift turn this summer.  We moved from Mountain Village to Juneau.  The lower 48 equivalent of moving from Colorado to Georgia, except without roads connecting most of the distance.  Everything was packed up and mailed to storage before there was anything confirmed about Isaac's job.  Things quickly came into alignment and we were just beginning to get settled in our new city when Glenn arrived five weeks (and a day) early. 

 Glenn spent the first month of his life in the NICU in Anchorage getting bigger and stronger before he could come home.

Life this year looks quite different than it did last year.  I have been home with Glenn instead of in the classroom.  We've enjoyed getting to know our new location in all the seasons.  The climate is more more Pacific Northwest and less Arctic.  It was a bit shocking to me when all the snow melted away in March.  I had become used to it sticking around until May.  

As Glenn gets older and we find our routines, I have been able to start creating and making again in a way that I really haven't in the years since I began teaching.  Most of my creative power went into my lessons and teaching practice.  I'm looking forward to once again sharing projects and adventures using this space.
  

Comments