walking downtown


After spending a day of unpacking and getting everything situated, it was time to see the village. Liz, Heather and myself (and Stella) took a walk down to the post office to set up mail boxes. We also stopped in our local store to see what was available to us. Along the way we received many introductions. Everyone was very friendly and we were glad to make their acquaintance. It was neat to hear who had a child or grandchild going into our classes.

The school playground has a steady stream of children playing all day.

Once the kids found out Stella was a nice dog, they were eager to join us on a walk up the road.

This road begins just outside my door and is the route towards the airport, Mount Piltcher, and the town dump.

It also has a magnificent view.

The two two-story complexes are teacher housing.

Stella and I were in the company of expert berry pickers.  One person found a grasshopper to share with the group during our hunt.

I'm pretty sure Stella had the most fun of all of us when I let her off leash so she could race up the hill.  It didn't take long for her to gain on both competitors and return for the next race.  It was pretty magical.

Comments

  1. I had to read this post through twice to try to take in your new home . . . I can't believe you just moved to Alaska! Please post more and often :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment