worried mind.

Just the other day I shared this link about kale to inspire anyone who might be thinking about kale.  I had someone ask me if I thought about kale often.  I do.  I think about the food I eat quite often for many reasons.  

What else comes to mind?  

A little bit like this:

Kale.
Greens.
Eat more greens.
Greens have iron and calcium.
It's so green here.  There is moss everywhere.  The landscape looks like giant moss.  The sky is so moody.  It changes every twenty minutes. Climate change.  The fashion industry is killing us.  The meat industry is killing us.  Consumerism is killing us.  
Local.  
Local farmers feed us.  Does this have dairy in it?  Does this have peanuts in it?  Does this have GMOs in it?  How was this raised?  Who harvested it?  Where their human rights respected?  How many children made the clothing I see everyday?  Department stores are panic inducing.  How many children made the clothing or fabric I own?  
Children.  
Who will I teach?  My future students.  
My past students.  Will they be alright?  Who told them they did a good job today?   Did anyone tell the overwhelmed mothers they did a good job today?  
Snotty noses.  
How much snot, milk and/or food do I have on me at this very moment?   Do I smell?  
Smell.  
Is that off-gassing?  How much chemical contamination has leaked in the groundwater because of the RV industry in Elkhart county?  How many people did it harm?  How many people does the pesticides in the cotton industry harm?  Workers made sick by my t-shirt.  Are synthetic fibers making us sick?  Water down the drain.  Water I pour out they would gulp down.  What is the environmental impact of our neon trend?  Do garment workers get lung cancer from breathing textile bits and toxic finishes all day long?  
Breathe. 
Quiet.
The light is buzzing.  Dogs are barking.  Birds.  Phonemic Awareness.  Literacy.  Teaching children to read.  Literacy in Pakistan.  Afganistan.  Neighbors.  I should volunteer.  Nap.  Brothers.  Mother. Father. Call.  Speakerphone.  Red dot.  New sisters.  Sisters of my heart.  Soul.  Prayer.  How do I do that when I don't know what to say?  I don't know.  It's not that complicated.  
Stillness.
Stop.
Smile.  Feel the joy in laughter.  Sit in the grass.  Watch the birds.  Birds in trees.  Birds in bunny books.  Books.  Yah.  Hi.  Amazing.  Promises.

Comments