bridal shower for Alex & Jason

Way back in April I flew to Indiana one weekend to throw a bridal shower in honor of my soon-to-be sister-in-law Alex.  She and my big brother, Jason, are tying the knot next month.  I made a few decorations for the occasion and they packed nicely into my suitcase.

Tissue paper poufs were hung in the windows.  I learned how to make them when I lived with Johanna in Greenpoint.  I helped her make hundreds (she made hundreds) of them for an installation at a fundraiser. That skill came in handy, though it took a few tries to remember how it is  done.

 I made some purple paper pendant bunting for the windows.  It helped to add a splash of color.

 Mom and Sara (and her mom) took care of the desserts.  Sara and Alex attended Saint Mary's together this last year and were chemistry lab partners.  Those are some pretty smart ladies my brothers date!  Mom found the cupcake towers online.  She was excited to use them as plant stands after the party.

 The Telschow side.

 The Reusser side.

Mom and I decided to split the party into two by families.  A smaller group allows for a little more interaction.  We did the same for Laura's shower last April and I think it will probably be a tradition.

Everyone was sent home with some chocolate and Irish Tea.  Alex spent a semester studying abroad in Ireland and she and J will be honeymooning there.  It sounds like a great beginning to the adventure of life together.  I am so grateful Jason has Alex and vice-versa.  They are so well-suited for one another and now I don't have to worry about him...which is the goal of all sisters.

I just need to express some gratitude to Sara and Rachel as well as their boyfriends, Zachary and Lewis, for lending a hug hand to make the day such a success.  It was such a treat to get to hang out with these ladies.  I'm loving all the love coming into our family!

Comments