the girl from the small house

My first MAT course is called "the professional educator".  In this class we examine different aspects of what it means to be a teacher.  One of those aspects is knowing where you have come from and how different aspects have effected who you are presently.  Four major components that we began with are gender, race, faith and socio-economic status.  On the first class the assignment was given to create a project to present to the class a summary of who we are and how we came to be.  Having missed the first class I exactly two days to complete this project, where as my classmates had nine. After mulling it over and examining the aspects it finally hit me on how to best present myself.

I wrote a book.












In the presentation of this book, which is only the size of a paperback, I projected the images behind me and read it aloud.  Mind you, this is not an all-inclusive piece.  It's 26...I mean 27 years turned into sixteen pages and I was bound by the photos I could find in a hurry.

I'm thinking it needs a companion book with people and faces.  That is actually something I have wanted to make for years - a collection of people who have impact on my life.  

Comments

  1. I like your companion book idea. will Eury make the cut?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment