lately


I've been sitting at my desk a lot.  Every evening before bed I try to clear it off and have it ready for the next day's activities.  The next morning it seems to fill up quickly with the tasks of the hour.  (I even have a insta series featuring this phenomenon.)  I finished stitching up a quilt for Eury, finished stitching Josh and Rachel's wedding quilt (photos to come), lined that bag Mom's been asking me to do for AGES, surged up some sweaters, hemmed those pants, doing a few design projects, stitched a hat which turned into a teapot cozy, and now I'm sitting at my desk to write my final paper.  Sitting, I have about half of it down in words now it is just drumming up the other half for the due date on Wednesday.  In the meantime I'm doing a really good job of drumming up some designs into my notebook.

The house has been quite consumed by the Sochi Olympics.  The woman's snowboarders are such a fantastic example of sportsmanship.  Through the magic of DVR we try to watch figure skating commentated by Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir.  They are so much more respectful and insightful of the skating.  They explain the nuances of skating and will actually stop talking during performances, which can't be said for the primetime commentators.  I really love the culture pieces NBC has been showing.  Last night there was a bit about matryoshka dolls and they touched on the folk art resurgence brought about by Abramtsevo.  I was pretty thrilled to be reminded of all that Russian Art history.

Comments