drive, drive and drive some more

After a extended stay in Indiana over Thanksgiving I had planned on staying in Portland for Christmas. My aim was to stitch on some quilts and watch way too many episodes of a random television drama which had yet to be determined. Then one day Josh asked I if I would want to come with them back to Colorado to spend the holiday with his family.

That would be how I managed to be party to a twenty hour car ride with one infant, two dogs, the adults, four water bottles....well, it sounded a whole heck of a lot like the twelve days of Christmas to me.

It was a very peaceful drive. We had picked up an audio version of The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan to keep our mines going on the drive. That was the background dialogue to the day I traversed four states I had never set foot in before. It was magnificent.

Idaho. 

I never knew how pretty it is in Utah. 

In Wyoming we found the sun. 

Now here we are overlooking a beautiful hill side right outside the mile high city.

A run to the grocery store brought this breath-taking view.

Comments