sunflowers

Growing in the flower garden are some monstrous volunteer sunflowers.  We had a few here and there last year and the year before but this summer they have been prolific.  I measured them a few weeks back and they were at eleven feet.  I believe they may be a bit taller now.

 Jason found it amusing that Josiah matched the plants one afternoon.





 I think this is my favorite.



This is also my favorite.

One of my goals is to take more photos with my slr.  They tend to have a better substance than the isnapshots.  I do enjoy the discretion the snapshots allow - no noise, small profile, ready to go in my pocket and the ability to share them within seconds.  But then again the slr takes away the distraction of all the communication clutter and allows me to just think the photo - not its quippy caption or how to filter it up.  I do wish, however, that it wasn't quite as loud.  I've been photographing with an slr for years and I still shudder at each stutter snap.

Comments

Post a Comment