like a ton of bricks

It happened.
Just a few seconds ago...the thought of not working in a school made me stop breathing a little bit and want to cry.
I didn't see that coming.
There are ten school days left of this year and ten days left to my position at the school.




 (My ski club girls - they couldn't find paper.)


Don't let it fool you...these would be the same students that would spend the rest of the day rolling their eyes at my suggestions and prompts to think about that answer just one more time.

Middle school - it is just kind of crazy.  I never quite know where the day will take me.  I ended up teaching some eighth grade math today.  It was fun (even though I had to concentrate really hard on those numbers - as always) and so very different from seventh grade.  It is really incredible how each grade level varies at these ages.  But one thing is for certain - I never go a day without laughing and have never felt so very "myself" at work.  Sure some days I get that headache right between the eyes by sixth period but even then...it's the best.

Comments

Post a Comment