perspective


I sit facing east. I am alone in my car. The sun is making its debut as it climbs up from the edge of the world.

This moment takes me back to moments shared with Christy as we would race the miles from our downtown apartments to make it to Tybee Island. "The sun waits for no one," she would announce as we quickly collected a good hot drink to warm us up and inspire warmth. We would sit in the salty air and breath in the anticipation of a new day. Slowly the orange sun would elevate and suddenly pop into sight. It was a new day.

As I sit this morning the ocean has been traded for a tree-line and vacated corn fields. Seagulls are Canadian Geese traveling south. The clouds are perfect and I watch in wonder as rays of light slowly beam through the bottom of each head.

Officially morning, the orange yolk has transformed in a late autumnal sun that will bring just a bit of warmth to the day if the wind doesn't strip it away.

Some things are changed from sunrises past but isn't that the story of life? I am left in gratitude for all the suns I have seen and even more grateful for the sunrises I have witnessed and especially for those with whom I have witnessed them. As a West Coast resident Christy has yet to witness her morning's sunrise. She is in for a treat.

I am also left with excitement and anticipation for the sunrises to come.

May your day be filled with joy and beauty.

Comments