keeping track of time

This time of year is anniversary alley.

It somehow happened that every wedding ceremony I have been participant to has taken place within twenty days of one another - ranging from August 15th to September 4th.  I have been lucky enough to witness some beautiful unions.  I find myself trying to remember what anniversary it is for each couple but I just realized that I am lucky enough to be able to gauge them off of one another.

2008 - Lizzie and Clint were married August 31st the year I came back from France (for the last time) and live in my apartment on Broad Street.

2009 - Stacy and Adam were married August 15th the year we graduated from college and I moved back to Indiana.  Earlier that summer at a courthouse in Texas Maggy and Andrew got hitched.

2010 - Katherine and Christopher were married September 4th the summer after she graduated from college.  That same year I went to Savannah to witness the union of Maggie and Walter.

2011 - Rachel and Joshua were married August 20th a few weeks after my hospital stay and the year we turned 25.  A few days before said hospital stay was Jacklyn and Zachary's wedding while Eric and Laura had a happy elopement and we merrily celebrated this union August 25, 2012.

Yes, I remember big life moments much like I navigate while driving - they are gauged off of what was nearby or how far from something else.  (and sometimes I get the dates mixed up - sorry Chris and Kat)

Happy Anniversary to all my dear friends!  I am so grateful to have shared such lovely moments with each of you as you began the joining of your lives with your loves.  They are some of my most favorite beautiful memories.

Now to create a good device to remember when the babies came.  Though some arrivals are to unforgettable to ever need it - I think maybe I'll just start a birthday book.

Comments

  1. youre too sweet. but i bet ya, there is an app for remembering all that stuff! in fact i use ebobirthday! :) but it only works if you remember to put all the dates in lol.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment