[neat things, future plans]
I've had this folder sitting in my iphoto for a few months now. Items ebb in and out of it but they all tend to be something neat but not quite fitting for the moment's post. I share them with you now.
My heart was filled with joy when I saw peonies for sale at the corner markets. Those yellow babies are beautiful but its the pink ones that always hold my affections.
I developed a fondness for everything bagels sold in the Greenpoint groceries.
On a rainy afternoon Kendall and I trekked to an art supply store downtown and they even had vegetable papers.
Stitches in a kimono corners made my heart skip a beat right before a ripped them out to iron it flat.
Going away sweets wrapped up with string to commemorate the graduation of a co-worker.
In my daily deliveries and travel within the garment district there was always a pile of some garment in various stages of completion being transported from one location and maker to another.
I fell in love with this stationery shop. It was just filled to the brim with things that I love.
You do know that I am a major office supply affectionado. Nothing brings my discouraged or panicked mind into a sense of calm like a walk through an office supply store. I found this gem on-line and was in need of a new sketch book - they boasted a good selection of ledgers so I hopped my train early one work day and wandered though their doors. Walking in everything seems as it should. Items on shelves in neat lines. This and that and then the farther towards the back you get all hell brakes loose. Piles of this and piles of that. Some things are definitely left overs from decades of operation. I was in heaven. Vintage office supplies are just too much for me. I think I spent at least twenty minutes thumbing through each of their ledgers until I finally stumbled upon the most perfect of perfect one. And it had a perfectly vintage price on it too boot.
I also found this box of Dixon Ticonderoga number 2 pencils. My family has been buying these as a staple of our back to school shopping for years - because they really are better. Just the other day I looked at a box and sadly saw that they were made in China. We saw a few years ago they had switched production to Mexico but there was a huge disappointment to see them with that made in China sticker. But Phil's had a box of Made in USA pencils - nostalgia.
On my last night in Brooklyn Johanna and I and Maytel had dinner at a yummy Japanese joint with endless free saki - love me some saki. We called up our friend Dimitri (the cute Russian boy) and convinced him to roam Greenpoint a bit with us.
We managed to find a photobooth to squish into.
Nassau was under construction. We also managed to find some goofy boots left by construction crews and heavy equipment to climb into and on, respectively. It was a great send-off and last night in Brooklyn. I sure do miss those two sweet people.










I do like those stitches! and everything about this post <3
ReplyDelete