brooklyn bridge

It was a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon when I took the C train downtown to meet up with my friend Roni.  The beauty of this day was a miracle because it had been trapped between some pretty steamy and pretty hot days.

 Right off the train I saw the Freedom Towers being constructed.  They are just huge.

I made my way down to Wall Street and rang Roni.  Our little adventure was planned because I had really wanted to walk on Wall Street and explore the bottom of the island a little bit and Roni lives in the neighborhood and offered an insiders exploration.

 We walked down towards the water and saw the Brooklyn Bridge.  Walking across it was one of the things I had really wanted to do at some point so we decided it was time.

 We had so much fun reading the historical facts they have at the center of the bridge.  I had never realized that the Brooklyn Bridge is the bridge were Spiderman always ends up fighting his nemesis.

 We found a lot of love secured to the stone.

 I was a lovely view of downtown and the twins.


 Now the view from the other side of the bridge.  We took in just about every angle of that bridge.

 I was completely thrilled when while walking around the parks we stumbled upon Jane's Carousel.  Ever since brunch with Jessica G I have wanted to see this beauty and as it turns out that afternoon was my lucky day.


 

I must have had the goofiest grin on my face the whole time and Roni pointed out that I may have been way more excited to be riding the carousel than all the four year old's riding with us.  It's true.


 The carousel in enclosed in glass and sits on the water right smack dab between the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges.  The sun was prime and I it just couldn't have been more picturesque.

 The housing had some incredible work.  I really loved these ladies but the rest of it was beautifully decorated.


 Queen Ann's Lace.

 I just had to admire the Lady standing tall guarding the city.

 We decided to take the water ferry back to Manhattan.  It was super quick and brought us full circle from where we had been inspired to walk to Brooklyn in the first place.

Back in the Financial District we headed to dinner on Stone Street.  It is one of the oldest streets in the city and in the summer it is blocked of and used for outdoor seating by all the surrounding restaurants.  It was a delicious end to an amazing afternoon with such a dear forever friend.

Beauty in the tallness.

Speaking of beautiful...

Today is my dear mother's birthday!  She is one amazing lady and my constant encouragement.  I am so grateful for her "good morning text" that starts my day and our "how was your day chats" that brings me home from the train stop every evening.  I am usually blown away by the times in my day when I think - what would mom do?  Though we won't be spending time in the patch this year and missed out on it last year, I do hope that you have a lovely day and am sending you all my love.  Don't worry - we'll be enjoying that evening chat in person in no time.

Comments