new room

I began the new month with a new set of keys.  When the first Friday rolled around I threw all my stuff into my suitcases and had the luxury of my new roommate Kendall giving it all a lift over to my home for June and July.  I moved just a few blocks down the street (still in Greenpoint).
 
 I love that this set is brass and the little tag.

My brass graduation elephant found a home amongst the potted plants and sets with raised trunk the greet the morning sun.

I feel doubly lucky to have another room with morning light and two fabulous windows.  The sun comes up earlier here in the east than it did in Indiana which is a very good thing for this reluctant riser.

On one wall I have my shoes - my Grandpa George (from what I'm told - never having met him) would makes some comment like, "You can only wear one pair at a time." To which I would probably reply, "You've never lived in New York City, have you Grandpa."  Having a back up pair is quite necessary especially in the event of rain or tired feet.  There is only one pair in this line-up that I don't wear.  I'll let you make your guess as to which.

I've got some big wardrobe action on the other side of the room.  Everything has found a home.

Kendall and Jan left these babies to keep me company.

I've got my fabric stashed and my machine raring to go and it's already been stitching away at my New York quilt. 
 
One of my favorite things about this room is that it overlooks the whole block's back yards.  Last Sunday there were sounds of kids playing and carrying on and tons of birds chirping all the time.

Comments

  1. That looks like a great place! I especially love your view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those windows are wonderful, what a great view! I like this room lots and lots, especially the potted plants.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment