welcome to long island living

 Somehow, with the wonderous help of my dear Rachel I managed to get everything packed up and organized into the wall of to-move.  I marked all the boxes, totes, objects with green painting tape.

 I made sure the most important item was marked.  So she remembers.

 I made sure to tie the traveling mouchoir to my bag.   Madame Pamela gave all of us madmoiselles de fil a french handkerchief - a good thing for of bon voyage.

 After a slightly delayed morning turned afternoon of flying and interesting conversation with a chiropractor from Detroit on subjects of yoga, childhood vaccinations, and our dislike for meat, I found myself in New Jersey. 

At the airport I was suddenly surrounded by so many people from everywhere many of them speaking foreign languages and I felt comforted in this.  I think it was my time in France that gives me such a reassured feeling when I cannot understand what people around me are saying.  I see it as a gift of focus. I also had a giddy grin as a shared a shuttle train car with two Jewish men in traditional garb complete with prayer strings on their fronts. 

Following instructions I managed to make it to Penn Station and then took the Long Island Rail out to my temporary home-base with Lexi and her grandparents.  It was a strange though as I passed through all the stops on the route and passed so many people between trains to know that I will most likely never see them again.  Unlike where I had just been where I could recognize nearly everyone I passed as I drove down Waterford Street.

 It was crazy that I hadn't seen this lady in YEARS.  Lexi had our room all cozied up.  We had a lovely evening just chatting and hanging out.

We decided to take it easy today and I did something I haven't done if forever - slept in.  Oh my. That was lovely.

 We helped Grandpa hang some long-lost photos.

 In the afternoon a walk to take in the warm sun and blooming trees was in order.

 Our destination was the bay.

 It is so strange to be so close to the water.

It was a good day - I finally feel my brain is calming down and re-focusing.  Tomorrow we head into the City.  I have plans to meet up with Aunt Patti and to meet a monastery full of Fathers.  How fun!

Sidenote: We also had a few trips to the grocery store and I can't help but grin at the accents.  

Comments

  1. Eep! I'm so excited to read about all your adventures, Sharon! Glad to ready you made it safely without much headache, too.

    P.S. that last shot of the flowers is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment