winter birds

It is the bonus day of February, at least for a few more minutes.  Spring is a mere twenty days away.  I thought a few winter portraits were in order. 

 This was my favorite.  And here you have a little update on my hair-do.  I had it trimmed up the other day by Ashley and she did a fantastic job!

 My attempts in the garden were a bit less successful.  They do tell a good tale of winter thus far.  Spotty snow at best.  It is true - I am a little disappointed.  

Mostly, I'm a little disappointed because I finally bought a pair of Bean boots that I have been drooling over for more than a year now.

 They are a new style they are trying out.  The upper is American Bison leather and they were made in Maine.  I'm pretty fond to the red rubber tread.

 I did have the opportunity to walk to work at the newspaper in them the other day.  The rubber bottoms came in handy because by the end of the day all the snow had turned to slush.

There were a few days of shotty snow - at best.

And today, today was the kicker.

It was 65F here.  Freakish.

It just so happens that I was given an AMAZING down-filled Patagonia coat by my dear Rachel and Joshua.  It is true I looked super silly walking around in a down coat as the temperature climbed but I was warm and it has these super cool underarm zippered vents.  I'm so excited to have some official winter gear.  Even if I found these little beauties in the back yard well over a week ago.

I believe this is their second spring.  Mom planted them in the grass outside my door in the shape of two hearts and they are just the sweetest.  Just like her.

***Apologies for the shoe shot heavy post.  I seem to be looking down a lot these days - watching where I'm walking and all.  I hope to make a habit of looking up more often.

Comments

  1. Oh I love your sweet pixie hair!! And I'm very envious of your blooming crocuses... Michigan hasn't really shown any signs of life just yet. Which means you should come take some winter portraits at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your new boots! Made in Maine - YES YES YES!!! Your hair sure grew fast. I love it like this! Girl crush on your mom has been amped up even more (if possible). Crocuses planted in heart shapes? Yes please.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment