big news with the brotherhood

This weekend was quite a big weekend for the brotherhood of the Telschow tribe.  Sam and his lovely lady Laura came for a visit on Saturday to watch Zachary wrestle.

 Zachary, our dear baby brother, had his Conference wrestling tournament.  

Through three hard-fought rounds he claimed first place at his 182 pound weight class!


 We are so proud of our "little" brother.  Uncle Karl was there to cheer on the Champ.

Back at the ranch we celebrated with Pad Thai from Lucky's - my favorite.  I am always proud of my little brother, he is just plain amazing, but just knowing how much he puts into this sport mentally and physically I am so incredibly proud of his accomplishment.  Especially the way he always does it with grace, class, and wisdom. 

After the big win we had another adventure: picking up Laura's engagement ring!

Samuel had wanted to pick it up from the jeweler but did not want to let on to Laura of the pending proposal so Dad, Mom, J, and I had the great privilege of picking it up for him.  The store was soon to close by the end of the meet so we took the country route back from Warsaw to Nappanee and managed to slide right in front of the store moments before they close and zoom out only to meet Sam and Laura at the stop light.  It was perfect timing.  Jason and I ooogled it a bit in back of the car on the ride home.

 A little preview.

When Samuel took Laura back home on Sunday, after dinner he and Laura went for a walk in front of the residence hall where they first met and he popped the question.

She said yes!
His text to me was, "Mission accomplished ;)"
to which I replied, "Wha!!!!??????"
and he responded, "I now have a fiance!!!!!!"

The princess cut sapphire fit perfectly.

It looks like I'm gonna get that sister after all!

Welcome to the Tribe Laura!

Comments

  1. So exciting and what a gorgeous ring! I love that the Telschow clan just keeps growing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Zachary... he's pretty awesome. And WAHOO! She is so cute (well, they both are!).. and a sapphire - LOVE it. Totally the way to go. In fact, the "original" engagement ring... or so I've heard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment