shower for dear rachel

This past Saturday I had the great pleasure of throwing a bridal shower for my dear Rachel.  She and Mr. Joshua are getting hitched on August 20th so there is much celebrating to do in preparation for the big party.  

I was so lucky to have a great bridesmaid team to get my back.  They were super awesome and showed up early for a chopping party and got everything set up like champs.

I cut lace pennant bunting out of old curtains I bought at the shop. A few strands hung from the arches in the garden.
 
 The party was on the patio under a giant curtain that I stitched up to block the afternoon sun.  It turned out to be a really sunny day so the shade was quite welcome.

The bride wore white and a headband embellished by her sister Joanna and myself.  We spent an evening last week just sitting on the back porch putting together favors and making up this head band.  It was great.
 
The spread.  Joanna and Liz put this all out and it looked and was great.  Dad and Aunt Mayrea (Rach and Jo's Mom) made the pies.
 
 Rachel brought the cupcakes.  I can't remember the name of where they came from.  But they were beautiful.  My dairy-free one was delicious.

 Rachel diving into her gift opening.

 The sweetest photo.  Joanna had photo documenting duties and did a great job of capturing all of Rach's great reactions.  I seriously have about fifty of the funniest faces ever.

 I don't remember what she was so excited about in the box but it's so cute.

 That time it was the napkin rings.

 Josh's sisters sent a great gift from Colorado.  They sent it via mail and warned me ahead of time that it was wrapped tight.  That was an understatement.  It was a good thing I gave her that knife and also a good thing I knew what it was because she was quite convinced it was what the box said.  In reality there where two more boxes until the gift came out.

 When she finally got it loosed it was a HUGE winner.  Josi and Whitney gave Rach a collection of kid photos of Josh to temporarily hold the place of what the collection of candid wedding shots they will fill the frame with.  That gift got passed around.

After everything was unwrapped and the food was et, everyone was thanked for coming and sent home with one of these babies.  Inside is a collection of Rachel's all time favorite candies (Jolly Ranchers, Smarties, Sixlets, Nerds, Andes Mints, and Ferrer Rocher.  The card reads, "so sweet to see you."

And it was so sweet.

Now I have a gob of wrappings to turn into a killer rehearsal bouquet.  Hmmm... 

Comments

  1. That looks like the absolute best bridal shower ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree. I feel like I was reading about it in a magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like it was such a fantastic shower! We wished we could have been there! Cannot wait for the wedding!! Rachel you look amazing, as always!!

    Josi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment