this one thing

One night in Iqaluit I was sitting amongst half a dozen amazing women, worn out from a wonderful evening of chatting and eating and dancing, we were all asked the question "if you could change one thing about your life (past or present) what would it be?"  I thought for some time.  I like my life (love it really) so there wasn't anything I would take back or undo but after some thought there is one thing that I would really love to change about my life but fail to on a daily basis.  

I wish that I could great each morning with enthusiasm, respect, and anticipation.  

Every night I set my alarm with an ambitious (yet realistic) hour thinking that in the morning I will wake and it will be a action-filled morning before I go to open the shop at 9am.  But every morning I ignore that alarming buzz until suddenly I have slumbered away the morning.  Pulling the blankets up higher I snooze for a few more seconds really savoring the warmth and the snuggle with my Stella.  I snub the morning sun and turn my back on the day, trying to ignore its presence for as long as possible.  In my half slumber I revel in this behavior and as I wake I despise it.  

I so wish that I could greet the morning with joy and enthusiasm, welcoming the day with open arms.  Unfortunately, I have given it a cold shoulder, which is terribly rude of me.  

So now I will go to bed with same hopes that somehow tomorrow when my alarm buzzes me from my sweet slumber I will suddenly feel a renewed zest for the morning time and welcome the new day.

(Maybe the key is not going to bed so late.  If that is the case then I've crushed my dreams before they have even began.)

And don't worry I haven't forgotten to tell you all about dog sledding...   

Comments

  1. Maybe you need a mantra to help you get out of bed in the morning. Something that will remind you of your goal and motivate you to stick to it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment