why coming home from work and napping isn't brilliant

Today it was a very nice day (for winter in Northern Indiana).  The sun was shining and I didn't shiver as soon as I stepped outside.  As the day wound down at work, we've finally cleared the giant counter that will be filled with food, I decided it was a good day to walk home.  It was.  Lewis called and offered a ride but I declined.  The snow on sidewalks had mostly melted off and there were only a few instances of trudging through snow.  When I made it home, post pup feeding, it was crash time.  A nap, with pups, followed.

This would be the reason for my being awake at such a late hour, that and I feel like my high schooler brothers and the idea of "no school tomorrow" is making me dance inside.  I think it is also the full potential a Friday evening with the weekend before me has to offer.

Big brother J whipped up my desk and installed it in about twenty minutes (while suffering a major headache).  Major thanks to him, of course.  Now I have space for the creating to commence.  Another reason to be too excited to sleep.


Or, perhaps, it was the cup of tea I had with mom and dad:


I love this mug!

We had some nice echinacea tea to boost our immune systems.  Though, according to the print on the side of the box, it has only 29 mg of caffeine, whereas coffee has 90 mgs per 8 oz cup, this may also be another reason for my temporary insomnia.

It is a good thing I have such a warm and cuddly pup to make me settle down for the night.  Onto regeneration for all the activity of tomorrow!

Comments

  1. Yes, I DO love that mug!
    (the cup is cute too!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment