what's all the rage these days...

Sometimes when writing his editorial my boss likes to write a little about multiple different subjects.  Tonight I will implement this technique.

Last Friday I had the great privilege of round two of wedding dress shopping with the lovely Rachel.  This round was in honor of her sister-in-law to be Whitney, being in town.  She looked beautiful, of course, but the elusive "one" dress still remains yet to be found.  We did, however, get some awesome bridesmaid bonding time and Whitney and I got to hang out for the whole afternoon! 

 World please welcome the only other Miss Telschow in our family.  My cousin, Jacob, and his wife are the proud parents of Miss Evelyn Marie Telschow.  They came to family Thanksgiving last Sunday we all got to meet her.  THAT BOW IS TOO CUTE!!!  My father has two brothers (and four sisters) and of the three brothers I am the only daughter amongst eleven sons.  Now one of those sons has a daughter.  And someday the everything will have to be righted in the population so all of my brothers will have to have daughters to make up for it.  Yay for me - auntie!

It was the town Christmas Celebration on Monday night.  There were choirs from the elementary and high school performing to a crowd of shivering folk in the town square.  The temperature was 17 degrees and the windchill was bitter.  

 Bundled up brothers, Lewis and Zachary, respectively.

 Of course I covered the event for the paper, as I have done every year since I can remember...seriously, I was trying to think how many and I've lost track.  This photo is my favorite - the grimaces on their faces!  It might have been the numbness but when they started singing the song from Polar Express it truly seemed like a magical small town moment as we all stood in the middle of town which was glowing with warm lights as the snow fell and the children threw snowballs at each other and made snow angels.  Magic.

 Speaking of magic: the secret garden is magical.  I love the piles on top of the fountain and terra cotta tiles.  It was really nice to have as a view today while I worked on this week's issue.

 The drive home was beautiful.  I can't get over the monochrome and subtle shifts in value as the tree lines become more blanketed with snow.  The nasty slushy roads are so beautiful.  Enchanting.  I'll have to grab a few more shots.

The snow is still flying.  The big flakes make it seem as if we have been attacked by a swarm of flies.  The snowflakes flying around the windows have a uncanny resemblance to bugs at the window on a summer night.

Comments