see the sights

It is nearly officially winter, autumn having flown by. There are just a few things that are wholeheartedly trying to hold on and it makes me smile every time I come across one.  Here are a few musings that are inspiring me as the daylight becomes scarce.

Prime example are these trees. Their mustard color stands out in the deep brown of winter that has set in. I should have captured them a few days ago, for now they are missing quite a bit of their top leaves and the color has slightly washed darker. They sit on my route home from work and each day I envision a few sketches of them with a bit of water color over top.


---------------------
 
Mmm, moss.  It so green and delicious.  Sidewalks are wonderful when they have residents like these peeking up. 

---------------------
 
Big Bro J has been working at finishing up the stairwell to our carriage house by building the wall on the right side that divides his workshop from our staircase.  He has been mudding a bit since and every so often he adds a new layer.  One of those pick up projects.  I love the giant expanse of wall we now have.  Much discussion has been on the final look we want.  Mostly, I have really been loving the dust imprints.  While J sweeps the main walk there are piles of plaster powder on the edges, this is mainly where the pups tread.  I love seeing the shapes that develop from their paw treads.
 


---------------------
 
The fish pond has brown inky dark water and the peonies that boarder it hold a reflection of that color in their dried leaves.

---------------------
 
The college brothers, Samuel and Josiah, are coming home tomorrow.  This has spurned a re-arrange in the third bedroom.  Normally, we just keep the door closed and ignore the untidiness.  But alas, this tactic must be abandoned now that they will certainly need a bed to sleep in for a few days and said room contains two spare twin beds.  In placing this here and that there we managed to bring a bit of order and I managed to find a home for my bundle of lace I picked up at a sale the other day(week).  
 
I'm also in the midst of a revamp of my own room and at the moment my mattress has found a home on the floor.  Stella enjoys this and I have to say the change in perspective is also nice.

---------------------

Thanksgiving (my 2nd favoritest) is just two days away and I need to think up a delicious raw dish to take along - one that is nonchalant and non threatening.  I am really liking raw and keeping pretty strong with it.  I am just not such a fan of defending my stance on what I am choosing to eat or not.  Books and research have helped but I still have more to learn to be able to convey mantra successfully.  Back to the books! 

Comments