oh, one of those days

 

Today, was a very long day at work.  I do believe I went in before the sun was up and left as there was just a tiny bit of orange trailing in the night sky.  This is unusual for me, being that even the bank is open longer than the shop.  Tuesdays are always long day, I may have mentioned this before, but today was exceptionally long.  Reason being was the massive amount of Halloween festivities that were included in making this week's newspaper edition.  Dozens and dozens of pictures of cute children and their adoring mothers dressed up in costume.  I had such a great time shooting all their little mugs and as I went through each one to ready for print it was fun once more.  Tomorrow, I will count the number of photos I took that are in the paper.  I believe there were around 45 or 50.

It was also quite lovely to see so many children and their parents and give them all names.  When I arrived at the town party I saw a group of strangers and as the costume contest continued on I started to meet parents and children and suddenly I looked through the crowd and knew almost everyone I saw.  That was such a nice feeling.  I wish for more parties.

Gracing the front page will be a photo of the above destruction from last weekend. Smashing pumpkins was apparently on some vandal(s) to-do list.  Fortunately, there were plenty of pumpkins left to handed out at the town party Saturday night and I have one sitting right on my kitchen table to be: carved, seeded, made into pumpkin pie?  I've go to practice for Thanksgiving!!! It's in three weeks! 

Comments