a late fall's show

Last weekend was the brothers' big show. Three performances of Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream.  Each performance was wonderful and I had so much fun watching them act out the people they had rehearsed for so many nights.  Their excitement and nervousness was wonderful to get to experience as the performances progressed.  I had such a great time being a part of the whole thing through creating the sets.  The energy and excitement of the students was so contagious and was the just the sunshine I needed in my own life.  I am so lucky. 

With it brought much merriment and activities.  Late night celebratory dinners at SteaknShake, a tradition that still reins from my days in the theater department, movie nights until the wee hours, and general excitement before, after and during the shows.

Here are a few of my favorite scenes:

 Zachary as Nick Bottom as Pyramus in his death scene.

 Lewis as Lysander the lover with his love Hermia.

 Nick Bottom is transformed with the head of an ass.  He is greeted by the fairy queen and her fairies.

 Under the spell of the fairy king Lysander duels with Demetrius for the love of Helena.


 A surprise dance at the end of the show.

 
 Zachary with his counterpart.

After such a great performance I am so pumped for the musical.

Comments

  1. Once again you have captured the moments so very well not only in word but through the pictures. Esp since the lighting there is very challenging. I applaud you!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment