shiny fall

It may have been a week ago, but I am still quite proud of the fact that I washed the windows in the ol' carriage house both inside and out.  I am not quite sure the the exteriors have ever been given a scrub.

 Being that she cleaned windows let the world be a bit brighter I thought that a little tour of the wonderful things to see around the yard and gardens was in order.



 The crab-apple trees are looking very beautiful right outside the windows with their magnificent red berries.  I found myself staring at them this afternoon.  The two abandoned birds' nest are also so lovely.

The fishpond is like a sand trap for the many dry leaves blowing around.  Dad spent a good part of yesterday morning scooping them out of the pond and leaf-blowing all the escapees to the roadside.



 The grapevine on the patio went crazy this year and I am in love with all these great lines it is leaving for us to enjoy all winter long.  Unruly and wind.





 Oh, the marigolds.  They are so fabulous this year.  Mom has them lining the walks and between the garage and garden.  Whenever I get a whiff of them I'm immediately five years old and rolling around the old peanut butter jar filled with water and the petals I plucked from of the marigolds that lined the walk in the old house in an attempt to make mom "perfume".

 Chick-n-hens.  These babies are one of my new favorites.  They are so hardy and versatile that I just love seeing how other people use them.

It has been raining all evening and a bit earlier so the state of fall has changed even from when I took these photos.  I really just love watching the change, especially as I drive amongst the fields with the groves of trees in the distance.  They are becoming quite bare quickly.  For as much as I love green, lush trees, and I do, I also really love to see the bare frames of the branches silhouetted against the fields and sky.  That would have to been a great point of inspiration for me right now.  Naked trees are so gorgeous.

Comments