findings

One of the fun things about working in an antique store, asides from the requirement of socially drinking coffee numerous time through out the day, is the interesting things I come across.  

I love when we get in a new box of merchandise (I use the term new loosely).  It all has to be sorted and assessed for value and worth.  The interesting part, or thing I find most fascinating, is when we come to posses worthless treasure.   

 As I was combing through a box of books I found these two composition books with a cook's prized collection of recipes.


 Most of them are written in Italian or clipped from the Italian newspaper. I love the vintage composition books. They don't make them like that any more, and the references on the back are actually valuable information.

-------
I also found a book of children's songs and rhymes.  One rhyme I found particularly intriguing and have often heard of it before but this is the first time I have found it in print.

    I was born on a Sunday.

Comments

  1. Love love love those composition books! Also, I am a friday baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to memorize that stuff on the back of those books for school. How many feet in a mile? whats a gross? very important info for life...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment