death on the pavement

Today was doosey of a day.

It fortunately got started with a good breakfast with great company.  Dear Katherine was heading through town and we were able to grab breakfast at the Corner Cafe.  I had a very delicious omelet and she had french toast and bacon.   We both had coffee and I'd have to say I liked it, even black.

Work was a long day.  I quickly discovered that this week's edition of the newspaper would a biggie...12 pages.  That is opposed to our usual 8.  A twelve pager comes out every couple of months and today was my lucky day.  There was one time, for as far back as I can remember, when we did a 16 page edition.

My day lasted a few hours longer than usual and I still had a bit of file manipulation to do with my own computer at home, but between these two tasks I had the lovely opportunity to walk home from work.

On the sidewalks I found a sure sign fall is on its way:




It was such a lovely evening.  Stella and I went to the park where she ran up the big hill at least twice. I had a good chat with miss Molly G Lieberman.  I am very excited to be visiting her in Savannah in a few days over a week.  She is my hero.  It will be a good time.

Comments