top of the mornin'

Every morning, after rolling out of bed (my least favorite thing to do - almost as bad as tying shoelaces or brushing teeth.) and throwing on some clothes, finding my glasses, and checking to make sure there are no rats in the back of my hair, I grab my keys and bags and head down the stairs of our carriage house apartment.  As I step out into the sunlight my first view is my mum's garden, secondly, the neighborhood's back yards and thirdly, these beauties.

 The birds and the bees just love them too.

 Right below are these lovely, lovely tomato plants mum has growing on my back stoop.  Delicious.

And this guy tickles me to death.  About ten years ago our house and yard were just littered with Rescue Heroes.  They were the love of my dear little brothers' lives.  In their cute little lisps they would play for hours.  But now that the youngest has hit 16 and the next is 18, these toys see very little action.  Mom has unearthed the toys for the elementary-aged children of our friends and cousins.  So this guy was given a home in the tomato plants (the jungle).  It is quite surprising to see how much fun the little boys have playing in the flower garden.  There are always big plants to run through, snails to fish out of the pond and something to make-believe.  Things being trampled is never a worry...they'll just grow back. 

Comments