up-heaved

As a mild-mannered reporter/shop-keep I have quite a social job.  I would have to say three fourths of my day is spent chatting.

Today was one of those days in which I would just rather not.  

This is when I turned to our lovely (yet work-in-progress) secret garden.  It sits is surrounded by our buildings on three sides, the fourth being our neighbors.  

The garden has been under re-construction as my family's pet project.  Mom first discovered it a few years ago and after sitting the same for a few years she has decided to give it a more permanent layout. 


My dear brothers and father are in the process of moving the fish pond from the corner to the center and creating a permanent bricked square basin.

 We rescued these four fish from pumping the water out.  They were deep down in the muck, we thought all the goldfish had become a midnight snack to a raccoon.  They were promptly relocated to our home's fish pond.

All this muck-rucking has left the soil up-heaved and in need of shifting.
I took today as a good day to go work outside and put any energies into the soil with a rake and shovel rather than an innocent by stander.

My plan didn't quite work, as the call of business came quite often.  I do believe I was beckoned out of the garden at least three times within twenty minutes.
All in all, the ability to throw rocks and stab dirt with shovels was a major perk today.

Comments