to market, to market

Last weekend, Jude took me to South Bend to experience the Farmers Market.  I had never been there but had heard it would be great.  The rumors were right.  I really enjoyed the farmers market.  It is all indoors, so the rain had not effect of turnout.  I was so reminded of the farmers markets in France, which I have missed so much lately.  Here are few of my favorite things from the experience.
 

 
I have been told and quite agree this vendor sells the best mushrooms.
 
Strawberry season!!!
 
Quite a few vendors sell plant starts.  Jude picked up zucchini.

Flowers, flowers everywhere from fresh cut to potted. I picked up a black hollyhock for Mom.

Wooden fruit crates...I want a bunch of these!

Of course my absolute favorite booth was the bakery.  
I think the love of baked goods has been seared into my DNA.  
I guess that is what happens when your daddy was a baker and his daddy was a baker and his daddy was a baker.

I can't wait to make this trip a regular habit.

Comments

Post a Comment