sewing Sunday

Yesterday was one of those wonderful Sundays where I just sat down at my sewing machine and went to town.  I was making some summer frocks.  No pattern.  Just the machine and a mirror.  So naturally they are a bit off almost everywhere, but I don't mind.  I don't think I have ever created perfection with the sewing machine.  For now I will practice my skills on my wardrobe.


I finally found my second garage sale stash. They had been hurriedly placed in a cabinet before the arrival of guests last weekend.  I picked up the "how to do linoleum block printing" and "designs" to add to my "how to paint on textiles".  All three are extra large format magazines. 

August 1930 McCall's

The illustrations are just beyond belief.  I can't wait to sit down and read the stories.  And the advertisements.  It is really interesting to see what products are still being produced and to see the shift in marketing strategies.

Comments