new-found treasures

This past weekend was the town's big festival - the Maple Syrup Festival. Part of the fun is that this is the weekend everyone in town has their garage sales. Mom and I spent Thursday morning scrounging around town, and I did find a few treasures.

Old things, of course, get me every time.


I was lucky enough to find these three jadeite bowls. I can't wait to serve berries and jam out of them this summer.

Anytime I see cotton or rayon bias tape or binding it is an automatic snatch. This one is my favorite - named devil red.


I guess I am an Indiana enthusiast. And the pencil sharpener was a no-brainer. I've got to select the perfect place to hang it in the old carriage house. This is probably one of the many sharpeners from elementary school that turned all of my Dixon Ticonderoga pencils into nubs after one sharpening. Not a sharpener for my prisma colors.

Inside the Indiana book I found the best surprise. Not only is it a library discard (my favorite) I do believe my dad is 1970 MIKE T. Yikes! He didn't go to Central Elementary but he did go to Elementary in Nappanee and he is pretty sure that Dana (right below mike t.) is his brother's signature. He would have been just about the right age to be studying Indiana history and the elementary schools would have shared them around town. What great history!

Next stop: the (over) one mile long garage sale this summer! The best.

Comments