the daily commute

I have been gripping for a while now about wanting a basket for my bicycle.  

The other day I scrounged around in the garage for the right tools and stole the basket from one the family's less used bicycles.  (We are big fans of back-pedal brakes and this is handle brakes.)  

Presto - chango!  Twenty minutes later all of my dreams came true.

The basket does need a little big of readjusting.  Where is my wrench?

Since then I have tried to commute with it as much as possible.  One of the joys of living 1/2 of a mile from where I work is it may take the same amount of time to get to work via bicycle.  Yes, I do confess that there are days where motor vehicle is a necessity, but I try to go bike when I can. 

Some of the mornings have been not so great...but nothing gets your lungs going like a stinging slightly uphill morning ride.

Mostly, I love the ride home.  

It is downhill out of downtown and it is much fun to coast for a block and then ride under this great canopy of maple trees.  The road is lined with these century plus old beauties.  Trees are just one of my favorite things.  They are even more enchanting do be under on a gorgeous sunny afternoon when their leaves make dancing shadows.  It is in this moment I reminded why I live a small town life.

Comments

  1. wasn't it just snowing there like last week? where did all that green come from?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment