All dressed, now where to go...

I have finally dressed my loom. It took quite a while and along the way I remembered how to do this and that just as it was too late. It is a little tangled and slightly off, but I learned for next time.

I forgot about the raddle, but fortunately a quick call to Lexi and all was saved. I improvised with an old frame loom that was setting around the shop being annoying.


Rags in and just getting started with a little plain weave. I am, however, encountering a bit of a problem with the shuttle going through my lower warp threads when I send it flying. It is very annoying.

I'm just experimenting and getting warmed up with varying weave structures and materials.

My four simple structures.

The warp is all cotton crochet thread that I was given (thanks to Kitty's mom and Mrs. D) I had so much of it and decided to see how it would work for a warp. I have learned that it cannot be pulled too taught so I will be gentle with it. Otherwise, it is working fine.

At this point I am solely experimenting and warming up my weaving muscles. I'm trying different materials and also making up weave patterns. The reed is a little rusty so I am also cleaning that up with my threads as I go, as well as hand loading all the bobbins.

The color palette is pretty neutral for now. I've had a hankering for creating off white fabric.

Comments