Could it be...

It's March, finally, and to quote Patrick Carney of Drummer "In Akron [Ohio] or in anywhere in the Midwest, for that matter, in the middle of February it's kinda hard to not wanna kill yourself" but now that we have survived February and March is here everything will be okay.

The sun was shining as the first day of March. The birds are chirping away like crazy. And the ground is starting to thaw. Soon there will be growing things everywhere, waking up from their slumber.


Just the other day I noticed trees are budding. There are red shoots of new growth visible on the big old trees and Mum's lilac is starting to wake from its winter slumber.


I decided that I need to go ahead and have something green and growing in my life and since I failed to plant bulbs last year I took a cuts of my mother's geraniums. They will be rooted and I will plant them this spring.

There is one in every window and they are quite the relief from the somewhat still frozen outdoors. The snow is leaving but it is a process.

I do enjoy the length of spring. It is my favorite season and I think it is only fitting that it takes its time.

It's kind of like this.



The Secret Garden

Comments