What was it I needed?

Today, dear brother Lewis calls and says he needs a ride. Thus allowing me to skimp out on work a few minutes early to gather him. Being that I was in Napannee already and had planned errands for that day anyway, it all worked out.

I gathered my typewriter ribbon for a new addition to my collection (post yet to come) at the office supply store and skipped back across the street to the hardware store.

Here I knew I need a few things, but what I could not remember. I was, upon entrance and walking approached by at least three helpful hardware folk, and when the moment arrived and I finally remembered what it was I had needed, he guided me to exact location and convinced me that I may need to try out a few sizes to find the correct one. Which, he was correct - this I found out later.

The moral of the story is: I
easily found everything I needed because the shop owners were so helpful. This kind of service helps to reinforce my kissing big box stores goodbye. I park in front of the store, pop in and say what I needed and boom two minutes later DONE.

A girl could get used to that.

Comments