Puppy Love


Today was the day both of the resident pooches were born. Fred came into the world nine years ago and Miss Stella made her debut three years ago.

I do think it is quite ironic that both of the dogs were born on this day and I love it. What better way to appreciate a day dedicated to love than with my constant companion and shadow. Without Stella I don't know how I could have made it through most days at school. She has been my reason to get out of bed in the morning and my reason to sleep at night. My buddy on the long car rides and security system on dark nights, I have been so blessed to have had her for three years.

Though, let me tell you - it wasn't easy at first. During the first three months of Stella I regretted it almost daily. She took six months to house-train. I also cannot think of a single pair of shoes that made it past her second birthday. Oh, how terribly they were massacred. Much like my mother's memory foam pillows, she ate three. But we survived. And what a fun life we have spent together.

Her first birthday I spent in France (she here in Indiana) and the second one I vowed would be reason to celebrate. And so it was. That was a wonderful day.

This year Stella enjoyed a pre-birthday ice cream from Dairy Queen, a morning walk with Mom and Dad and Fred, and afternoon nap with Dad, and to top it all off a big bowl of pink whipped cream with cheese topping. What a spoiled pooch.

Stella and Fred woofing down their birthday treats.

I do hope to celebrate many more Valentines Days with my dear old pup.

Comments

Post a Comment