Maybe...

It is a bit possible that I am coming to terms with winter. I now have a good arsenal of heavy sweaters. I even lace my shoes when there is ice - my excuse for winter shoes are Converse.

I enjoy the variety...yes winter does have variety. It is different nearly every day and the sun shines almost every week.

There are things, winter things that are getting done. Indoor tasks becoming completed. These tasks that will be thrown to the wind as the days become longer and the weather pleasant.

I must make while the snow flies.

It could be that winter and I have drawn up a truce...but it could also be the images of spring creeping up that I am harboring in the deep corners of my mind.

Soon there will be spring rains, thunderstorms (oh, how I miss those), green grass, budding tree branches, flowering apple trees, lilacs, tulips, crocuses, and oh so much more. And peonies...my favorite season of all. It makes the garden look like an old man with only hair around the edges.

Yes, winter and I have come to terms, terms of its surrender to spring.

Comments