Live Small.

Lately, a majority of my free thought has been revolving around the idea of living small. To lessen the burden possessions and consumerism brings. I am reminded of this idea when I hear stories on the radio - generally, I'm tuned into the local station 99.1 - about people internationally and I think how different their lives are. Many things about them are more difficult but in other ways simpler. (At this point I say a prayer of thanks for the peaceful life I get to enjoy and a prayer for the violent ones others endure.)

This idea of living with less is a very difficult idea to battle with the entrepreneurial designer I am trying to become. On greater contemplation I see that they don't have to battle. I make and design for the long term. Any product I would sell to someone else is meant to last - to be "sustainable", and to have purpose in daily life.

On one more side note: I read a book. Surprisingly, this is not something I accomplish often. It was a short and delightful, slightly over 100 page read about a little girl and her tormented life after her older sister accidentally chops off said little girl's hair. Not sophisticated at all, but it was quite cute. It is also a great preparation for the tea party I am attending tomorrow at my dear Rachel's home. I am very excited. All the talk of party dresses, hair ribbons, acting like a lady, and tom-boyish ways are enough to make one dream.

You Were Princess Last Time
by Laura Fisher

Comments