SNOW, snow, SNOW!

PART I:

It's magical to wake up to a world of white. When I went to sleep the ground was just cold and little flakes had just begun to fall...but it the morning it's blindingly white outside and everything is thick and fluffy and covered in snow.

The dogs always start running, snoot down, and kick up the fresh powder. I think it is especially exciting for them. I also love to see the patterns of how they run which are apparent in their tracks.

Squirrel watching is the main event of a snowy day. The panic that ensues when one is spotted is tragic. The girls will try anything to go after it.

A good drive to Goshen is just majestic with all the skeletons of the trees packed high.

Not to mention all the good gifts purchased along the way.



The patio behind the shop (or secret garden as my mother calls it) is enchanted. It is a favorite to watch as the seasons change.

Boss the Mrs. checks it every morning of the summer to check for change.

PART II:

The Annual Christmas Party. Months of planning and weeks of preparation are needed to pull this off.

When in school it became customary that I was in charge of all the lists and planning while home for break. This year more responsibility has been added to my shoulders by helping in
shopping and food preparation.

There was food galore at the shop. Invitations went out this year and I believe there were at least one hundred people who came in for a bit to eat.

The dessert table is always my favorite. This year dad made mini gingermen and iced gingers. There were plenty and so many more goodies.

And let us not forget my favorite of the party...eggnog. With nutmeg grated in and spiked just right.


We had guests from as far as Canada and as near as next door. It is the social event of the season.

Comments