Refresher.

Every time I here the songs of Plumb's Blink album I am immediately taken to the East side of MLK Street in Savannah, to my home for only a month - just short enough I don't recall the address, and long enough to have given my an impact.

I am in my car driving across Montgomery.

I am driving home late at night, constantly watching for safety.

I listen to the lullabies as I drift to sleep as the only occupant in the big, empty eight bedroom house. My objects barely fill on room.

Stella is my sidekick - my companion and my protection.

Going down White Bluff for groceries at Publix - at night so as to avoid crowded isles.

I feel eery streetlights providing shadows to lurk in.

Learning what it's like to be a gawked-at minority.

The calm provided in the words sung through Plumb's sickly sweet voice - it brought the sunlight of new days.

Comments