Frost-bitten.

Mornings generally are a rushed thing for me...one with the true heart of a procrastinator. It is also a long standing tradition that I arrive to the shop five to ten minutes after 9. That is just the way it has been for years.

I think there was a week when punctuality was achieved...I don't remember how though.

As I rushed out to the car the other morning of course I had to be distracted by this beautiful frost-bitten bloom. I love leaving things in the driveway to degrade. Like an accidental experiment. Though I do believe this arrived in this place because of my mother's recent habit of rescuing discarded plants from the town compost bin. She has added nearly a dozen mums to the back of her flower garden in this manner and a whole gaggle of red geraniums to our kitchen table.

Quite lovely.

Comments