Quick, Quickly.

Yesterday, I started in on a new little side job. I'm the assistant someone-er-other for the high school's drama department. Which means, I guess, I am in charge of making sure the sets get done and look really good. There is the director, and the assistant director, and the student director, and the shop class builds them. The students paint them - I guess I'm just the back-up, detail brains. The overall is there, I implement.

So far, it has been fun and interesting. I've been going to the rehearsals and watching. Tonight I did some sketching of the part that is finished and browsed through the books I have/could find to reference the time period. The play is Arsenic and Old Lace.

I would have to say, though I do enjoy the chance to flex my sketch and research skills, the best part about it is getting to spend a few hours with my youngest two brothers. The car rides home are my favorite.

The day surely does go quickly with this new bit of time taken up. The play opens in two weeks. Not much time.

Comments