Coming Soon...

This week is the BIG BUILD.

Our town has been raising money to build a big new beautiful playground in its downtown park for a bit now. This week was the big build. Many, many volunteers were downtown hammering, sawing, raking, routing away. A while back the two ladies in charge asked if I wanted to help with stuff that needed a little more artistic input. I volunteered to paint the Tee-pee. (Did I mention the park was designed by elementary school kids?)

It has been the most miserable week ever to build a playground. It could only be more miserable if it snowed. Cold and wet. Everything was cold and wet. I don't know how all the workers don't have severe respiratory issues by now. I was only outside for three hours yesterday sanding the Tee-pee, fortunately under a tent, and I'm coming down with something.

Today, I went back to give the wooden Tee-pee it's coat of stain. I was very happy to know it had been moved into the back shop of the Hardware store because it was just too wet to stain outside and would never dry.

By the time I had got there Kenny, the hardware man, had already started. He had had stained two sides of seven foot tall hexagonal structure. I finished up the other four and we did some detail lines together. That was fun. What a great excuse to hang out in a hardware store. Plus, I got to chat with Kenny.

Tomorrow, the Tee-pee gets a bit more detail and possibly some pattern.

Sunday, the grand opening ceremony.

Comments