Passing People.

This evening a dear friend of mine knocked on my back door. I knew it was her the second the dog barked (the - I'm-serious-there-REALLY-is someone-in-the-backyard bark). I had ran into her father last night at an event I was covering and he had mentioned Mrs. S and her Mr. would be in town today. Therefore I knew she would see her beloved grandma, our backyards freely-flow between each other, so I knew there was quite a good chance I would get a visit. And oh, how happy I was to receive a visit. It was three weeks ago that she and Mr. S wed and thusly three weeks since she moved to another town. Anyway - I blabber now. I was cordially invited over to her parents home for pudgy pies and to meet her dear new pup Luther.

When the evening ended I strolled home, though I was offered a ride. As I walked I saw the neighbor boy and fellow member of my brother Lewis' cross-country team out for a run. I also passed a few other on a stroll. As I neared our home a runner came into my periphery. I scootched over on sidewalk but there was no need. It was non other than Lewis out for his evening run. I decided to do the same and was amazed at the number of people I ran across. Nearly a dozen crossed my path. I though this was quite a large number of people for it being nearly ten PM on a Sunday evening. But apparently there were others who wished to brave the mosquitoes and enjoy the moon in its entirety. That's it. It was just so lovely to see so many people out and about.

Comments