A Good Drive.

A few evenings ago I had the great fun to show Caitlin, my family's visitor for the week and former classmate of mine, around downtown Goshen - one of my favorites. We stopped in at a great little yarn shop and picked out a few skeins of what grabbed our attention. For me, it was two balls, one of green Peruvian cotton and the other of kettle dyed wool from Uruguay. They had quite the selection with yarns hailing from as far as other continents and as close as just over the border of Michigan. The dear store keeper even balled them up for us. Our new yarn was neatly waiting in sweet brown paper bags by the time we had returned from rummaging around in the book store across the way.

Evening was just pulling up by then so we headed home via my favorite route, taking a right off state road 119 at county road 38. It has the best views.

Here is one corner of county road 38 and county road 13. There are good blue skies and the corn has just started to tassel. Everything is getting all wild and unruly, so the golden crisp of fall has just started to creep into the landscape.
Oh, cattle. I'm always a sucker for a drive-by cow photo. They are just so meditative in their grazing.
This is it...my absolute favorite view. It happens just after the cemetery ends on the left side, west of the 38 and 11 intersection. Oh, how I would love to sit a spell on the porch of the Mr. and Mrs. Weaver. This is their view. It just makes my heart skip.

Comments

Post a Comment