FIFTEEN TO GO.

I have fifteen weeks of school left, approximately four months until graduation. It is midterms and I feel way behind the curve. I know what I have to do. I make lists everyday but achieving those goals is another thing. I have my requirements to graduate with my degree.

They seem simple enough as I look through:

-3 products, may be independent or related
-5 related products, merchandising packet
-5 identical objects
-notebook that documents all phases of product development (mock up through final of each product in the portfolio) including research and cost analysis.

I'm sure I have created at least half of the specified requirements in the past, but there is one part I really can't say I have ever accomplished well. A notebook. I have never put much time or effort into this sort of documentation. This is the part that is holding me up. Developing this habit is the hardest. I can make stuff (as I like to call it) but the part of putting all the thoughts that go with process down on paper is an undeveloped skill for me. So far I have managed to be in the Fibers department for three years and weasel my way around with subpar documentation. It is kind of like the fact that I don't do very well in art history or lectures because I never learned to study in school because I could slide by well enough that I didn't have to. Now, as a senior in college, I have come to the conclusion that I really don't know how to study. It is sort of a foreign and vague concept for me. All these excuses won't help me now. Now I have to figure it out and take it slowly and that is a tough pill to swallow because I am faced with the idea that in four months I am leaving college. I know point A, I know point B. It's getting there. It is getting my bum in my studio seat and sticking it there for the next four months. I am faced with the fact that this is my last chance to do this academic stuff and show everyone and myself I can. But I know quite for a fact it will take some divine intervention so if you're talking to Him anyway, please say a prayer on my silly behalf. It's not that difficult but right now it seems like a mountain.

Comments