SOON.

School is out in two weeks.

I have a final test to take for one class and four awful 2.5 hours worth of lectures to sit through. Which I usually nod in and out of sleep during because it is dark and if it is dark and my mind is on auto I fall asleep. Then I am awakened by the sound of loud music which I realize does not exist in reality. But what does exist in reality is my professor talking about more damn artists and how they love man parts and sex and that the entire art world would callaps if they couldnt use sex as a subject. That I find repulsive. It also takes the entire work of art down twelve billion notches and I think half the stuff she says is made up anyway.

For my two Fibers classes I am on the home stretch and have only to complete my final projects for both classes and I have interrelated them so I must do one in order to complete the other. This is either genius or a disaster waiting to happen.

I'm having a lot of fun with so many of my amazing friends. Just spending time chatting about projects and sipping tea at knitting night or this past week there was a Fibers potluck and we all shared a meal and it is so wonderful just to be around them. There is such a peace that brought me to this major that I can feel in it's students and faculty. There are seriously such talented caring and wonderful people. I am sure my meeting them all is a plan from God. Especially my good friend Christy. We met in my 3-D Fibers class last Fall and really got to know each other while in France this past winter. We just clicked. She is so sweet and wonderful and so encouraging. I have had the honor of photographing her work which is so sweet and thoughtful - everything she makes has a story and life. Whenever I talk with her I get excited about life and about this future that is unfolding before us. Seriously, my heart.


*Brittany (left) as a model for a line of scarves Christy (right) created while in Lacoste. It was freezing that morning.

Comments